The impressive church in Helsinki is originally planned by Johan Albrecht Ehrenström in 1818. It was build by Carl Engel in 1830-1852 and then was called Nikolainkirkko, after tsar Nicholas. After the Independence of Finland from Russia 1917 till 1959 it got name Suurkirkko, Great Church. Nowadays it’s official name is Helsinki Cathedral. Helsinki Cathedral is the Finnish Evangelical Lutheran cathedral of the Diocese of Helsinki, located in the neighborhood of Kruununhaka in the centre of Helsinki, Finland.